Many people love running and want to do it in order to lose several extra pounds, but there are also people who hate it. It can be a monotonous exercise which extracts all of your energy. It can also be painful because of the bad knees, sore feet, and shin splints. That’s why in this article, we’ve decided to present you a 10-minute exercise that can be performed instead of running. It will burn more calories than you do as with 30 minutes of running! You just need a jump rope!
Here are some of the purposes of the jump rope during this workout:
It Burns Calories
According to various studies, jumping rope for 10 minutes has the same efficiency like 30 minutes of running. Researchers compared the burnt calories and the cardiovascular amelioration, which means that you’ll burn the fat and have some muscles.
Take your favorite rope and jump anywhere! You don’t need a lot of time nor any specific place. You just need 10 minutes. Go anywhere outside or in the gym and jump!
It builds your Whole Body
Jumping a rope is significant for your abs, muscles in your legs, shoulders and back. It’s amazing because you build your muscles while you’re jumping and you’re also burning fat.
It ameliorates Your Coordination
Jumping a rope is something we all tried when we were kids, but if you haven’t done it for quite some time, you can find it challenging. It also improves your balance, reflexes and coordination.
Don’t forget that:
- You must try to choose the proper rope. Buy a quality rope in any sports store and be careful about the handle, material and length.
- Jump with shoes without padding or without shoes.
- Your head must be straight. Look forward while you jump!
- Your torso must be straight, but your knees bent.
- Keep your elbows near your body.
- Hold the handles with your finger and not your palms.
- Turn the rope with your wrists and not your arms.
- Jump and land with the front of your feet. Your heels shouldn’t touch the floor while you’re jumping.
- Don’t jump too high! You just need to skip the rope.
- When you think you’re doing it correctly, try other strategies like crossover, single leg bounce or two fold turn!
Here’s a video where we’re presenting you our 10-minute exercise using a jumping rope that will help you burn all the unwanted fat!
Article and image source: thehealthy-food.com